Last updated as of July 26, 2017
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide: Bonobos collects information about you when you interact with our Sites, including when you create an account, join our mailing list, make a purchase, engage in an online chat with our customer service representatives. We also collect information when you make an appointment to visit, or visit us in person at, one of our Guideshop locations. In addition, we collect information from devices associated with you when you interact with our Sites, including when you log in to the Sites from one or more devices. The information we may collect includes:
- first and last name;
- email address;
- physical address;
- clothing size and information about your clothing preferences;
- items you are seeking to purchase;
- special requests and information that you choose to share with us; and
- information you share with us in our Guideshop locations.
If you make a purchase through our Sites, our third-party payment processor service providers may also collect billing information, such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, credit card or debit card number, and billing and shipping addresses. If you make a purchase over the phone, we will collect this information and share it with our third-party payment processor service providers.
We may associate information you provide to us across our Sites with information that you provide to us in person in our Guideshop locations.
Information We Automatically Collect: In addition, we may automatically collect information about one or more devices associated with you that you use to interact with our Sites, as well as information about how you interact with our Sites and the emails that we send to you. The information we automatically collect may include your precise geolocation (with your knowledge and consent) and location (based on IP address), IP address, browser type, device type, the webpage you visited before coming to our Site, pages you visited on our Sites, time spent on those pages, information you searched for on the Sites, when and for how long you visited the Sites, and similar information, which we collect through cookies and beacons. The information we automatically collect will be associated with any personal information that you have provided to us.
Your Precise Geolocation: When you interact with our Sites via your mobile device or use our mobile app, you may be asked for permission to allow us to collect and use your precise geolocation information. If you consent, we may use this information to provide you location-based advertisements and social media posts. We may also use this information for analytics purposes. You may discontinue our collection of geolocation information by changing the app's settings or the location settings on your mobile device.
Our Guideshop locations have also implemented technology to automatically track the number of visitors to each store. This information is not associated with individuals, or the personal information you provide to Bonobos.
Our Sites do not collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. Therefore, "do not track" signals transmitted from web browsers do not apply to our Sites, and we do not alter any of our data collection and use practices upon receipt of such a signal.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Bonobos may use the information it collects about you for a number of purposes, including to:
- facilitate your shopping experience and transactions, including processing and fulfilling purchases, communicating about orders and their status, and personalizing the customer experience where possible;
- offer you information, recommendations, and promotional material about the products and services you see on our Sites;
- provide you with an interactive social media experience that allows you to connect your social networking community to our Sites;
- develop a personal profile about you that combines the information you have provided and we have collected about you when you visit our Guideshop locations and when you visit and interact with the Sites;
- analyze the performance and functioning of our Sites;
- study how our customers use our digital properties and to perform other market research;
- provide you with advertisements based on your interests; or
- target and send you marketing and promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing and promotional materials from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. You may also contact us at email@example.com with "Privacy" in the subject line of the email and explain your request.
WHEN WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Bonobos may share your personal information with third-party service providers who perform services and functions on our behalf to support our interactions with you including, for example, providing our products and services, processing your purchases, administering surveys or contests, or communicating with you.
Bonobos may share your information with other third parties, including law enforcement authorities, where we determine that doing so is appropriate to:
- enforce our Terms of Service;
- protect our property, services, and legal rights;
- provide maintenance services, database management, and similar site-related services;
- prevent physical harm to persons or the property of others;
- prevent fraud or other illegal activity against Bonobos and others;
- support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- comply with subpoenas, court orders, or similar legal processes, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators and courts; or
- comply with any and all applicable laws.
Aggregated, Non-Identifying Information: Bonobos may share aggregated information that is not individually identifiable with third parties for industry analysis, demographic analysis, and targeted ad delivery.
We also may use "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFS," or similar means (individually or collectively, "Pixel Tags") on our Sites to collect usage, demographic, and geographic location data. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns.
HOW TO MODIFY OR DELETE PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can review, modify, and suppress your account information by contacting us or by making edits via the "My Accounts" section of the Sites. If you request that we suppress your personal information, your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to modify or suppress your account information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Privacy" in the subject line of the email with a request that we delete your personal information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
HOW BONOBOS PROTECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Bonobos has implemented an information security program that includes administrative, technical and physical controls designed to reasonably safeguard information that can individually identify you.
BUSINESS TRANSFERS AND CORPORATE CHANGES
We reserve the right to disclose, sell, or transfer all information related to the Sites, including personal information:
- to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of one or more of the Sites; or
- in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring; the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets; or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
INFORMATION WE TRANSFER
Our Sites are general audience sites not directed at children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Bonobos to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes within the immediately preceding calendar year. Bonobos will provide you with a list of the categories of personal information disclosed and a list of the names and addresses of the third parties. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at:
45 W. 25th Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10010
HOW TO CONTACT BONOBOS
45 W. 25th Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10010